How to Properly Use Your Mini Hand Sanitizer In PublicEmbroidMe of Davie
The good news is that for many of us life is slowly going back to normal after the last couple of months of quarantine. The bad news is that the COVID-19 virus is still a threat, and treatment for the virus is still quite limited. The coronavirus quarantine can only last so long, after all. Since the virus has come into our lives, we at EmbroidMe of Davie have added both face masks and mini hand sanitizer bottles to our online boutique, both for retail and commercial purchases. A hand sanitizer bulk order is something we’ve become quite familiar with here in Miami. These are important tools for helping us stay safe, protect others, and limit the spread of the virus, but when it comes to hand sanitizers, there are some important things to know.
Why Soap and Water is Important
A common misconception about hand sanitizer is that it can effectively replace the need to wash your hands regularly. This is not only false but can actually lead to dangerous practices in certain situations. Let’s go over the facts:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are not as effective as soap and water.
- There are many different kinds of germs, and while alcohol-based hand sanitizers can kill many of them, they don’t do quite as good of a job as soap and water, especially if enough is not used. Many users of hand sanitizer may not use enough or might stop prematurely and wipe off the excess. This can make it harder to kill germs effectively.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers don’t work as effectively on dirty hands.
- If your hands are dirtied by materials such as grease, sweat, or actual dirt, hand sanitizer won’t be as effective. This can make it less helpful for those who work with food or landscaping, and soap and water are recommended for properly cleaning your hands afterward.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers aren’t effective at removing harmful chemicals and heavy metals.
- If you’re handling chemicals or metals like pesticides or harsh cleaners, hand sanitizer will not be effective at removing them. This can make it dangerous if you don’t wash your hands, as you could unintentionally ingest these substances and poison yourself if you assume that hand sanitizer is all you need for clean hands.
The purpose of hand sanitizer is not to replace soap and water, but to provide you and everyone else with the opportunity to kill as many harmful germs as possible when you’re out and about. Unfortunately, we don’t always have the luxury of washing our hands, as running water is not portable.
Best Way to Use Your Mini Hand Sanitizer
As mentioned already, hand sanitizer is the tool to use for keeping your hands clean in-between washing with soap and water. When we go out, we are interacting with people and various surfaces, whether you’re going to the grocery store or just to the ATM. Washing your hands every time you do this is impossible, but that’s where your pocket hand sanitizer comes in handy. Use hand sanitizer after you’re finished with these encounters and before touching your face to maximize your protection against COVID-19 and other viruses.
Even though soap and water are a necessity, and you can’t use hand sanitizer to replace them, you can use it to keep your hands as clean as possible while on the go. This strategy will minimize your risk of contracting viruses or other pathogens. There are a few other tidbits to note regarding your use of hand sanitizer:
- Use hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- The alcohol content is important for killing germs, and 60% or higher is the goal you want to meet for the best results at killing potential threats.
- Use the proper amount of hand sanitizer and rub as directed on the bottle.
- Make sure you’re using enough hand sanitizer and rubbing it in properly or you may not properly eliminate the germs on your hands.
Order Your Hand Sanitizer Bulk Order Today
If you’re looking to supply your businesses with mini hand sanitizer bottles, consider a hand sanitizer bulk order with EmbroidMe of Davie. We offer retail and commercial sales from our headquarters in Miami and are here to help you and others combat the spread of COVID-19. Contact us today to supply yourself with these important resources and be sure to sanitize responsibly.